Your Meatfest Survival Guide
Expect a few gorgeous beach days this year for Meatfest weekend. The daytime temperature is expected to hover around 80 degrees and the water temperature is a higher than average 71 degrees, so make sure you have your favorite swimsuit picked out and ready to go. Remember, Montauk gets cold at night with temperatures around 60 degrees plus a cool ocean breeze to add a chill to the air. Bring warm clothing!
What to wear
Friday night’s dinner is cocktail party attire. Saturday and Sunday are beach attire but plan to bring long clothes to change into later in the day on the beach Sunday.
As you pack your bags, here are a few things you might not want to forget to bring along with you for the weekend:
- Bathing suit
- Sweatshirt & long pants
- Beach blanket
- Beach towel
- Sunscreen (or tanning oil)
- An umbrella (seriously… just in case)
- A flashlight if you have one
- T.P. if you’re civilized (the rest of us use the Ocean)
please refer to this website http://www.lnt.org/programs/principles.php for proper Leave No Trace Principles. Most Importantly: Dispose of Waste Properly
* Pack it in, pack it out. Inspect the area for trash or spilled foods. Pack out all trash, leftover food, and litter.
* Deposit solid human waste in catholes dug 6 to 8 inches deep at least 200 feet from water, camp, and trails. Cover and disguise the cathole when finished.
* Pack out toilet paper and hygiene products.
* To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams or lakes and use small amounts of biodegradable soap. Scatter strained dishwater.